Altegris is driven by a culture of deep research and innovation. With clients' goals foremost, we identify superior investment capabilities and deliver effective, sustainable portfolio solutions in the form of alternative mutual funds, closed-end funds and private funds. Through our broker-dealer affiliate, our suite of products is distributed through intermediary channels, including wirehouses, independent broker-dealers and registered investment advisors, and directly to high-net-worth individuals and family offices. Altegris’ advisory affiliate manages over $2.40 billion in assets. We pride ourselves on our people and their commitment to our clients and culture.
Altegris is searching for a talented and motivated RIA Regional Consultant to be an integral member of the Client Relationship Team. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry. This position reports to the National Director for our Advisory Solutions Group.
- Driving the regional sales effort by identifying RIA opportunities, qualifying leads, and expanding new business from existing and prospective RIA’s.
- Providing firm investment solutions through technical knowledge, awareness of financial markets and industry, and effective use of literature.
- Building relationships by understanding RIA’s needs, and providing education and solutions to meet those needs to achieve the RIA’s business goals.
- Preparing and delivering presentations/seminars to both small and large audiences of advisors, their clients and senior management of investment firms.
- Working as a team with Regional Directors and Regional Consultants of the Advisory Services Group to ensure seamless communication and excellent client service on all initiatives.
- Servicing client requests regarding firm solutions through operational and procedural knowledge, including the effective collaboration with personnel from all areas of Altegris – research, legal, operations, and marketing.
- Outstanding academic qualifications, an advanced degree or professional certification (CFA, CIMA, CAIA, CFP or other) preferred
- 5+ years of business experience and proven success in a finance sales-related field or career
- Extensive experience in mutual-fund distribution
- Experience in a hands-on role in RIA client service or a senior manager role that provides extensive insight into the RIA segment
- Strong telephone communication skills and an eagerness to initiate sales through outgoing call initiatives
- Position is based in La Jolla, CA; but consideration may be given to additional major cities based on candidate location
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, product and platform managers, CIOs and senior analysts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly to large audiences
- A strong ability to explain products, services, and concepts in a compelling manner
- Ability to travel as needed
- High energy level, with flexibility to work long hours at times to accommodate special client needs
- Series 7 FINRA License
- Excellent track record and fluency in alternative investments
- Series 3 (or 31) NFA License
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.