Altegris is driven by a culture of deep research and innovation, with clients' goals foremost. Our mission is to identify superior investment capabilities and deliver effective, sustainable portfolio solutions. Our suite of products is distributed through the intermediary channel, including wirehouses, independent broker/dealers, bank/trusts and registered investment advisors. We also have a robust Private Client Group that works directly with high-net-worth individuals and family offices. We pride ourselves on our people and are strongly committed to our mission.
The Altegris group of affiliated companies is wholly-owned and controlled by (i) private equity funds managed by Aquiline Capital Partners LLC and its affiliates (“Aquiline”), and by Genstar Capital Management, LLC and its affiliates (“Genstar”), and (ii) certain senior management of Altegris and other affiliates. Established in 2005, Aquiline focuses its investments exclusively in the financial services industry. Established in 1988, Genstar focuses its investment efforts across a variety of industries and sectors, including financial services.
Altegris is searching for a talented, motivated Information Technology (IT) Helpdesk Intern to be part of our IT team. The IT Helpdesk Intern will assist our IT Helpdesk Specialist as the first line of communication for the Altegris IT Department. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
- Assist in maintaining a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- Be proactive with user-related IT issues, hardware or software problems and assist where capable and/or escalate issues to IT Helpdesk Specialist.
- Log IT support calls on internal call logging system.
- Log software and hardware issues on internal logging system.
- Support efforts to troubleshoot Office Suites 2010/OWA.
- Support efforts to troubleshoot network printers.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of internal software products - Goldmine/ITR.net/Altegris.net (internal website)/etc.
- User account maintenance.
- Internal Software installation and maintenance.
- Deploy PC Images using Symantec Ghost
- Deploy Desktops and Laptops to the office suites
- *must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Update and maintain hardware inventory sheets.
- Customer service orientation
- Organizational abilities
- Strong ability to:
- Take initiative
- Work both independently and take direction
- Work and thrive in a team environment, including working collaboratively with others
- Perform quickly and successfully under pressure
- Software versatility
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Adept at learning new software
- An interest in IT services
This is a part-time position (15 - 20 hours/week) during the school year and part-time (29 hours/week) during the summer. Compensation = $12/hour.
Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at email@example.com.