Altegris is a pre-eminent provider of alternative investments. Our mission is to find the best alternative investment managers and bring them to our clients through alternative mutual funds, private funds, and futures managed accounts. Our suite of products is sold through the intermediary channel, including wirehouses, independent broker/dealers, bank trusts, and registered investment advisors. We also have a robust Private Client Group that works directly with high net worth individuals and family offices. We pride ourselves on our people and are strongly committed to our company motto: Trusted Alternatives. Intelligent Investing.
Altegris is searching for a highly talented Jr. Sales Data Analyst to report to the Director of Fund Operations and work closely with members of the Client Relationships Team. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
Our Sales Data Analyst will play a key role as a data interface between our Operations and Client Relationship Teams, and enhance our distribution efforts by providing analytical insight into our customer base. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Perform data mining and aggregating, querying multiple data sources such as Excel and SalesForce
- Import, clean, validate and/or model data, and interpret the results as input to decision making
- Analyze sales data and provide historic results and forecasting measures to management
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications and reports
- Run daily, weekly and monthly reports to identify asset flows and trends in data
- Identify and communicate any discrepancies and outliers in data
- Identify methods that should be used to collect, analyze and manage data, with the purpose of making recommendations to improve data quality and the efficiency of data systems
- Interface with outside vendors to acquire accurate reports and data
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Finance, or Accounting, or equivalent education and training
- Highly proficient in Excel, including the ability to use VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, and other data presentation tools
- Fluent in other Microsoft tools
- Highly organized and dependable
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to quickly transition as priorities change to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A financial-services company in a data-reporting capacity
- Managing and manipulating large amounts of data
Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at www.altegris.com in our Careers section.