Altegris is driven by a culture of deep research and innovation. With clients' goals foremost, we identify superior investment capabilities and deliver effective, sustainable portfolio solutions in the form of alternative mutual funds, closed-end funds and private funds. Through our broker-dealer affiliate, our suite of products is distributed through intermediary channels, including wirehouses, independent broker-dealers and registered investment advisors, and directly to high-net-worth individuals and family offices. Altegris’ advisory affiliate manages over $2.47 billion in assets. We pride ourselves on our people and their commitment to our clients and culture.
Altegris is searching for a talented and motivated Research Analyst to report to the Senior Manager of Risk and Operational Due Diligence within the Research and Investment Solutions Group. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
Risk, Data, and Reporting:
- Participate in the production and analysis of current daily, weekly and monthly exposure, risk and profit and loss reporting per manager and strategy, with the intent of update and redesign.
- Design and implement reporting for new managers, strategies or funds as applicable.
- Improve methods used to collect, analyze, and manage data, with the purpose of making recommendations to improve data quality and the efficiency of data systems.
- Update internal databases with Bloomberg and Morningstar feeds via API, as well as investment manager-provided data.
- Liaise with members of the Compliance, Operations, Research and Technology departments, and fund administrators and other vendors in sourcing data or investigating potential inconsistencies.
Operational Due Diligence:
- Work in conjunction with the head of Operational Due Diligence to monitor prospective and allocated investment managers on the Altegris platform.
- Request, collect, analyze, and organize due diligence questionnaire responses and supplemental materials.
- Participate in and document conversations involving investment manager trading, operational, compliance, investor relations and executive staff.
- Conduct fund financial statement analysis, offering and marketing material review, public documentation change-monitoring, etc.
- Review, edit and contribute to operational due diligence reports.
- 2+ years of investment analyst experience
- Strong academic background. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- A passion for investments
- Strong analytical aptitude, with an understanding of statistics typically associated with investment analysis
- Highly proficient in Excel, and other data presentation tools
- Excellent attention-to-detail and organization skills
- Strong technical writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Aptitude for working well under pressure and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Outstanding ability to function in a fluid environment where flexibility, responsiveness, and the ability to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities is essential
- Advanced degree or CFA/FRM/CAIA designation (or progress towards such designation) a plus.
- Typing speed of 55-60 WPM
This is a full-time position. Altegris offers a competitive salary and benefits, including: paid time-off, holiday pay, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401K and company match. Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where our employees can excel. We invite you to contact us at email@example.com.