Altegris is a pre-eminent provider of alternative investments. Our mission is to find the best alternative investment managers and bring them to our clients through alternative mutual funds, private funds, and futures managed accounts. Our suite of products is sold through the intermediary channel, including wirehouses, independent broker/dealers, bank/trusts and registered investment advisors. We also have a robust Private Client Group that works directly with high-net-worth individuals and family offices. We pride ourselves on our people and are strongly committed to our company motto: Trusted Alternatives. Intelligent Investing.
Altegris is searching for a highly talented Front Desk Coordinator to be an integral member of the Administration Group. The right candidate must have the temperament to thrive in our high-velocity, demanding business culture and enjoy interacting with high-octane, committed co-workers who enjoy working together, value collaboration, and are passionate about providing our clients with access to what we believe are some of the best investment managers in the alternatives industry.
The core competency for this role is the ability to convey an outstanding impression of Altegris to all clients‚ callers and walk-in visitors via the candidate’s professionalism‚ polish‚ etiquette and strong interpersonal skills. Responsibilities include:
- Handling high-volume phone traffic and appropriate routing of incoming calls
- Greeting clients and guests and monitoring suite access
- Overseeing all aspects of the front-office workflow
- Maintaining office and kitchen supply inventory‚ including organizing and ordering supplies
- Corporate credit-card usage
- Coordinating recordkeeping
- Preparing monthly reconciliation for the Accounting Department
- Providing general administrative and clerical support‚ such as filing‚ faxing‚ copying‚ scanning‚ sorting mail and trouble-shooting office equipment
- Preparing mail‚ Fed-Ex‚ and UPS shipments
- Phone etiquette
- Client-service orientation
- Multi-tasking ability
- Attention to detail
- Timely attendance
- Ability to perform well with minimal supervision
- Strong organization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- 2+ years’ experience in a front-office position in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Altegris prides itself on its people. We are looking for entrepreneurial, motivated team members and are committed to providing an environment where these people can excel.